Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
02-15-19, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-19 11:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
I removed the VHF from the diagram as I only had it on there to show that the AIS would pass the VHF antennae to it, not planning on connecting it to share GPS coordinates at least at this time.

Raymarine - The diagram should be annotated to specify that the red lead of the SeaTalk cable linking the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng to the S2 autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port should not be connected to the red SeaTalk terminal of the S2. Instead, this lead will be insulated to prevent shorting. The S2's other SeaTalk port should be used to to interface the ST60 instruments and ST6001 for the time being. When the ST6001 is later replaced with a p70S, the p70S must be directly connected to the S2's SeaTalk port rather than as a spur to the backbone.

Scott - I updated the diagram and noted the red wire not being connected. What is the best way to insulate it? I assume I just keep the Seatalk1 instruments ran exactly how they are? How would I connect the p70s to the S2's SeaTalk port and how will the p70s get its power, from the S2 Seattle port?

Raymarine - The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit is approximately 1m in length. Given the distance from the S2 autopilot course computer, the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable should be connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block which will then be connected to an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having press-fit 3-pin plugs on each end. This SeaTalk Cable will then be led to the S2, where it's plug will be removed, permitting cable's data (yellow) and ground (shield) leads to be connected to the S2's SeaTalk terminals. See the comment above addressing the red lead of this cable.

Scott - Updated diagram. Should the unused port on the D244 be plugged in any way with a blanking plug or just left alone? Also how is the converter kit mounted inside the nav pod? Screws? If so to what? Double sided tape?

Raymarine - SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications will exclusively be conducted by the system's Data Master MFD. Some will interface a second MFD to the backbone to support operating only one of the system's MFDs at any time. The latter installation option also provides a level of redundancy in the resulting system.

Scott - Updated diagram. I would like to have the redundancy if needed, but my question is, with the diagram as it is now, will I still be able to use both MFD's at the same time? I would still dedicate one as the master data and the other as the master gps. Is this correct?

Scott - I also added a second page to the diagram illustrating electrical connections, does this look good? I would like to combine everything except AIS to a single switch, thus using the blade fuses. I plan to use the gauges shown in marine grade duplex wire. Is this correct?

Scott - Regarding the drain leads....I am not sure if my boat has a bonding cable. If it does not, how does one connect these leads to the Yanmar engine block?

I think I am getting there...thank you very much for your help!

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Ventus_Electronics.pdf (Size: 12.8 KB / Downloads: 488)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - ventus - 02-15-19 11:21 AM