Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
02-19-19, 02:19 PM
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
Scott,

Q1a. I updated the diagram again and included the E70196 to connect the VHF to AIS. Is this wired correctly?
A1. Yes.

Q1b. I assume I don't need to use the spur cable or the power cable from the E70196 kit since the backbone will already be powered and the yellow cable will be used for connection to the VHF.
A1b. Correct.

Q2a. Regarding the p70s connection. I am going to replace all ST60 instruments at once. Right now the course computer will be wired as shown in the diagram to the ST6001. I assume, when I replace my ST60's, the i70s will be connected to the SeaTalkng backbone
A2a. Yes

Q2b. and the p70s will be connected to the E22158 with a spur cable?
A2b. Negative. When a p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS Autopilot Control Head is used with a S1/S1G/S2/S2G/S3/S3G Autopilot Course Computer, the p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS Autopilot Control Head will not be interfaced as spur to the backbone or to the SeaTalk socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Instead, the p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS Autopilot Control Head must be interfaced directly to one of the SeaTalk ports of the autopilot course computer. To do so, an A06047 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Spur Socket Adapter will be connected to the p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS Autopilot Control Head and to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. The D244 SeaTalk Junction Block will then be connected to the S1/S1G/S2/S2G/S3/S3G Autopilot Course Computer's SeaTalk port (use the SeaTalk port which is not connected to the ST-STng Converter) via an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having press-fit 3-pin plugs on each end. The SeaTalk Cable's plug will be removed, permitting cable's three leads (power (red), data (yellow), and ground (shield)) to be connected to the S1/S1G/S2/S2G/S3/S3G Autopilot Course Computer's SeaTalk terminals.

Q3a. Regarding the drain leads, I did find the stud on the back side of my Yanmar that grounds connect to. I assume it is ok to run the drain leads from both Axiom displays and the AIS 700 to this location?
A3a. Correct.

Q3b. Also, what gauge wire should be used for this and does that depend on length and AMP draw as well?
A3b. 14 gauge wire should suffice.

Q4a. I noticed in the AIS install manual that there is also an RF ground in addition to the drain lead. Should this also be attached to the Yanmar ground
A4a. Yes

Q4b. what gauge wire?
A4b. See my response to Q3b.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-19-19 02:19 PM