Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
02-20-19, 09:43 AM
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
Scott,

Q1. Ok, new diagram attached.
A1. The new diagram appears nearly complete with respect to Ethernet, SeaTalk, SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000, and NMEA 0183 networking. The only things which appears to be missing is the autopilot control head's connection to the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk socket. The diagram also does not address how the ST60 instruments will be interfaced to the system.

Q2. I have been assuming that the Axiom 9 is indeed compatible with the RMK-10, is this correct? Just confirming.
A2. MFDs running LightHouse 3 software are compatible with both the RMK-10 and the RMK-9.

Q3. For the RMK-10, I added the HS5 in the Nav Station and connected both Axiom displays to it as well as RMK-10. I will just run power wire for the RMK-10 instead of doing the FLIR POE. It is a 30' long (60' there and back run), according to the West Marine article, I should use 10/2 AWG for a 5 amp run of that length....I know the RMK-10 does not draw 5 amps...thoughts on gauge wire? I also have it running though a 1 amp fuse since I think that is the smallest....good there?
A3. The gauge of wire is a bit heavier than I would have thought necessary for the RMK-9/10. I would have thought that 12-14 gauge would have been sufficient.

Q4. I saw that a Raynet to Raynet cable came in the box for the RMK-10, can I just use that in place of the A80161 I currently have on my diagram for the Axiom 7 to HS5 connection? I wasn't sure if it was a different type of Raynet cable in the box for the RMK-10.
A4. As long as the lengths of the RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cables purchased or included with products are sufficiently long enough to meet ones needs, there would be no need to purchase additional RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cables.

Q5. For the HS5 I have it running through a 1 amp fuse as well with 18/2 since it is a very short run to power. Good there?
A5. Like the SeaTalkhs Network Switch which it replaced it is recommended that the circuit supplying power to HS5 RayNet Switch be protected with a 2A fuse. I would recommend using 14 or 16 gauge wire.

Q6a. Also, I suppose the RMK-10 and HS5 also need drain wires sent to the Yanmar?
A6b. Yes. As indicated within the previously referenced FAQ, all drain leads should be run to the same point.

Q6b. Is it ok to connect multiple 14 AWG drain wires together at the nav station and also the helm, then run (1) 14 AWG wire from the bundle down to the Yanmar or does each unit requiring a drain wire need to be separate?
A6b. Yes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-20-19 09:43 AM