Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
02-20-19, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-19 01:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
Scott,

Q1. The ST6001 is also already connected to the S2 Course Computer as it is. I was just going to leave that. Sound good?
A1. I don't know what "as it is" means. I would simply add its connection to your diagram to make it clear. If correctly interfaced, it should be connected to one of the S2's SeaTalk ports while the other SeaTalk port of the S2 is used to interface the S2 to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Q2. 14/2 would be ok for a 60' round trip length? The length of the actual wire will be 30'. Just confirming. If it makes sense to go to 12/2 I will, but would rather save money if it is still safe.
A2. With such low power consumption, it's unlikely that 14 gauge wire would supply insufficient power to the RMK-10.

Q2. Same as above.....so 16/2 would work here? Again, if it is safer and better to increase to 14/2 I will.
A2. While 16 gauge would likely suffice, I would recommend 14 gauge as you will be using it for other applications with this installation

Q3a. Just confirming....so it is ok to connect all 14 AWG leads together, then run a single 14 AWG from nav station and helm to the engine?
A3a. Yes.

A3b. Also what is the bet way to splice them all together then have a single line go out?
A3b. Any standard method (soldered splices, terminal strips, etc.) may be used for joining drain leads.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-20-19 01:46 PM