Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Windmeters are not pointing in correct direction
02-23-19, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-19 08:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Windmeters are not pointing in correct direction
Hi,

I am the proud owner of a used boat that is equipped with Raymarine ST290 instruments. I have 2 problems:
1. The analoque windmeters do no not point in the correct direction although the windvane in the top of the mast is in the correct direction
2. Both the apparent and true wind speed are not correct. When I change course the wind is increasing or decreasing according to the windspeedmeter although the windspeed is stable.
I tried to adjust the windvane in the system while using the engine with a speed of at least 6 knots. Then for a couple of hours the system works correctly before the pointers change again to a total different direction.

Your help is appreciated!

Best regards,

Martijn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-19, 08:46 AM
RE: [DG11] Windmeters are not pointing in correct direction
Hi Martijn,

Thank you for your enquiry,

The true windpseed and VMG are based on the correct apparent wind angle, so first re-align the wind displays to show the correct wind angle. This calibration is done through one of the ST290 graphical displays.

Once the wind angle is correct, then the True wind speed and VMG will also be correct

Thanks
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply