Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MFD and transducer
05-06-16, 06:01 AM
MFD and transducer
I have a E97 MFD and a new B744v transducer. Originally I had hooked up the 2 items when the E97 had old software V12 I believe. I was only able to get a depth reading, not speed or temp when bench tested. I then upgraded the software to the latest. V16. last week. Now I get intermittent depth, no temp or speed. And in the fish finder screen I get a message saying selected sonar not found. Then that goes away I get depth for a few seconds then message pops up. Please advise. Thanks Scott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-16, 10:10 AM
RE: MFD and transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum stbatton,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the reported depth issue.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to configure your MFD to display speed through water.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to configure your MFD to display speed through water.

Should these Speed and Water Temperature data items be reported as -.-, then please respond accordingly,
05-17-16, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-16 08:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The speed and water data came up with the -.- a few times. But this started once the new software was downloaded.
05-18-16, 09:17 AM
stbatton,

It is recommended that you verify that you have correctly configured the MFD's Internal Sounder for the model of transducer which has been interfaced to the MFD. With the MFD interfaced only to power and to the transducer:
- Select HOME->FISHFINDER to display a full screen Fishfinder application page
- Select MENU->CHANNEL->200KHZ
- Select MENU->SET-UP->TRANSDUCER SET-UP->TRANSDUCER->B744V/B744VL/SS5...

Afer doing so, should the problem persist when interfaced only to the power and to the transducer, then it would be recommended that a System Settings Reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS RESET) be performed and that the MFD's setting then be manually re-configured. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the MFD be tested with another transducer which is known to be compatible an operational in all respects. Such testing may be performed by yourself or by a Certified Raymarine Installer. Alternatively, the MFD may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench tested/serviced.