Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] GPS Sensor RS125
03-09-19, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-19 12:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] GPS Sensor RS125
I have a classic E-80 MFD, Autopilot, Radar, and sonar. I've had this setup for a long time and it's been working well until about 2years ago when I noticed my GPS Rs125 was losing fix randomly. I replaced internal GPS battery and checked all wires. What happens is, the GPS will acquire satellites no problem, get up to 1HDOP SD fix then it decides to reset itself back to yr 2003, lose time, etc.. It will then re-acquire satellites, and boot back up. This does this very randomly and can't pinpoint problem. Any ideas? Before I buy a new sensor, would like to know if you have heard of this. Thanks, Todd
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-19, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-19 08:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] GPS Sensor RS125
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Donzii150,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor may be interfaced to an E-Series Classic MFD.
03-12-19, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-19 08:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello, I have exactly the same problem with the same RS125 and same E80. I have changed the internal battery, checked the cables and reset the GPS via GPS menu in the E80. The RS125 is some 12 years old. The "No Fix" alarm happens very randomly and has been doing this since day one after installation. Sometimes more frequently, some other times with no alarms in 2-3 days of continuous use.

I am most interested in learning if this is a "change of GPS antena" situation or if there is something that can be done to solve the problem.
03-13-19, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gran Sol,

Please refer to the FAQ referenced within my initial response to this thread regarding how to troubleshoot a NO FIX condition with a Raystar 125 GPS Sensor. Should each of the items identified therein have been addressed, then it would be recommended that the Raystar 125 GPS Sensor be replaced with a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor.