Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV-100 Mounting "out of water"
03-15-19, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-19 02:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV-100 Mounting "out of water"
I currently have a thru-hull transducer used for high speed depth recording and wanted to know if the RV-100 transducer being mounted "slightly high" to prevent spray when running would impact the life or function of the RV-100?

I understand I will not get accurate if any readings at speed from the RV-100 but when I slow to a fast idle (off plane) I think it should work as intended.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Jack

Jack - MS Gulf Coast
Current Ray Equipment - Axiom 7 RV serving as DM and networked to a eS127 -
Quantum Radar via WiFi to eS127, RMK-9 networked to eS127, EV-1 Sensor Core, RV-100 and B60 transducers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-19, 02:37 PM
RE: [CA11] RV-100 Mounting "out of water"
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jack,

Proper cooling of transducers is necessary to prevent de-lamination of the transducer elements. For cooling purposes, it is recommended that fishfinder transducers always be in contact with the water when being pinged ... or that the ping be disabled whenever the transducer is not in contact with the water. This is particularly important for 1kW and higher output CHIRP transducers. This is less of an issue for very low power transducers such as RealVision, DownVision, SideVision, and CPT-S transducers. As such, it is quite common for RV transducers to be mounted to a jackplate on bass boats, causing them to be completely out of the water when the boat is operating on plane. For RealVision, DownVision, SideVision, and CPT-S transducers, I would suggest that one consider disabling the transducer ping when the transducer will be out of the water for any more than 1/2 hour.
03-15-19, 05:34 PM
Thanks Chuck

I appreciate it.

Jack - MS Gulf Coast
Current Ray Equipment - Axiom 7 RV serving as DM and networked to a eS127 -
Quantum Radar via WiFi to eS127, RMK-9 networked to eS127, EV-1 Sensor Core, RV-100 and B60 transducers.
03-18-19, 01:59 PM
You're welcome.