Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom SideVision Range limited after Update
03-16-19, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-19 01:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom SideVision Range limited after Update
I updated my Axiom to v3.8.105 last night. Today while on the water my sidevision range was limited to around 60-80 feet on each side then it is completely dark. Didn't spend much time researching but I'm fairly certain no other changes have occurred.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-19, 02:16 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom SideVision Range limited after Update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gamecock00,

Per our conversation, it is recommended that a Sounder Reset be performed from within the Sonar application to determine whether it changes the appearance. As discussed a Sounder Reset is not achieved by simply switching the MFD or sounder module OFF and then ON again. A Sounder Reset is performed from within the MFD's Fishinder application (MENU->SETTINGS->SONAR->RESET SOUNDER). Should doing so not then cause an new SideVision sonar imaging to display imaging which was similar to that which the MFD had previously produced, then it would be recommended that transducer be inspected to ensure that it is free of marine growth and if it is a transom mounted transducer that it is locked in its down position. If so and should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that your waypoint/route/track data be backed up, and that a Factory Reset (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->FACTORY RESET). Should the problem persist following the Factory Reset, then please add Speed and Depth data overlays to your Fishfinder application's screen, operate the boat in a manner which produces the reported symptom, and then use the Screen Capture feature (POWER->TAKE SCREEN SNAPSHOT) feature to save the screen's image to a .png file which will then be automatically stored within the root level directory of the microSD memory card which is present within the MFD's memory card reader. The screen capture file(s) may be attached to your future posts / threads for further analysis.

Also, regarding the Chart application issue, please ensure that each instance of the Chart application operating on your MFD has been configure to Head Up chart orientation instead of Course Up chart orientation. This setting may be configured after the boat is underway at a speed of at least 2kts.
03-20-19, 09:51 AM
Appreciate your input and guidance Chuck. As mentioned I did some further observations including the use rangefinder and I may have been interpreting things incorrectly. So at this point in time I would simply say something seemed different than before. I will perform the actions recommended, do further observation and provide feedback. Thanks again.
03-20-19, 10:30 AM
You're welcome.
03-25-19, 07:29 AM
I reset the sounder but didn't see a change. I haven't done a factory reset but I don't believe I have a problem. I may be mistaken about how Sidevision displayed in the past and do not recall the shoreline being painted dark in the past. Whatever the case I understand and can interpret what I'm seeing. Thanks for the help on this non-issue.
03-25-19, 08:39 AM
You're welcome.