Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] What features do i need to buy in a TV display in order to see Axiom?
03-18-19, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-19 10:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] What features do i need to buy in a TV display in order to see Axiom?
What features do i need to buy in a TV display in order to see Axiom MFD?
Thx.

http://www.youtube.com/njfishing1 - from Captain Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-19, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-19 11:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] What features do i need to buy in a TV display in order to see Axiom?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ,

From a PC Magazine article on Miracast, "The receiver side of the equation can also be complicated. Smart-TV manufacturers like Sony, LG, Samsung, Toshiba, Panasonic added Miracast to their high-end television sets some years ago, as did certain projector manufacturers, but that doesn’t mean Miracast is built into the TV or monitor you own now." "If all else fails, you can buy a dedicated Miracast receiver dongle" to be mated to the Smart-TV's USB and HDMI ports. Raymarine and Axiom/Axiom Pro/AxiomXL customers have generally reported good results with Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter. These are quite reasonably priced and was virtually seamless to use. The challenge that some find is that the USB ports of some televisions feature low power output, affecting the performance of such devices. However, this limitation is easily overcome by powering the Miracast adapter from a USB power supply. As Miracast is a communications standard, any quality device claiming support for the Miracast standard should work well for this purpose.
03-21-19, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-19 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] What features do i need to buy in a TV display in order to see Axiom?
I tried Google chromecast with power for my non-smart TV without miracast, but Axiom does not seem to pick it up. Google cast function as a miracast dongle that can make the non-smart TV receive wireless video image from like smart phones or tablets. So, can you confirm that Axiom does not work with Chromecast HDMI Media Streaming Device?

http://www.youtube.com/njfishing1 - from Captain Steve
03-21-19, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-19 09:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ray18,

Chromecast is not designed to support Miracast technology. Unlike dongles supporting Miracast technology, Chromecast is dependent upon an Internet connection. Please click here to view an article addressing this subject. As indicated within my initial response, it is recommended that Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter be considered for such applications.