Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Micro Talk Wireless Gateway
03-25-19, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-19 12:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Micro Talk Wireless Gateway
I’m just about to mount my new Digital Radar Scanner on a mast being fabricated by Garhauer. The mast has an adjustment to level off the scanner if we are heeled for any length of time.
The mast comes with a 1” hoop over the radar scanner to mount auxiliaries such an GPS receivers, antennas etc.
I was thinking I would mount my Micro Talk Gateway up there out of the way.
But then I got thinking about some of the features of the Micro talk system and wondered will being heeled at 15-20 digs, and leveling the radar and the Gateway affect some of the calculations that the Micro Talk and wireless wind ananometer calculate?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-19, 12:56 PM
RE: [CA11] Micro Talk Wireless Gateway
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum SVBREILA,

Q. I got thinking about some of the features of the Micro talk system and wondered will being heeled at 15-20 digs, and leveling the radar and the Gateway affect some of the calculations that the Micro Talk and wireless wind ananometer calculate?
A. It is not recommended that the Micro-Talk be installed in the location which you have specified. It is recommended that the Micro-Talk be installed at least 3' from radar transducers and devices featuring electric motors (such as the radome). While Raymarine has not specified any requirements for tilt, the Micro-Talk should be installed such that its orientation arrow is in line with or parallel to the vessel's centerline.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply