Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] RD424HD (E92143)
03-25-19, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-19 10:18 AM by Kevin McIntosh.)
[CA11] RD424HD (E92143)
Hey all ... it's been a while since I've haunted these forums ... actually the old forums at http://raymarine.ning.com/forum ...

Is that body of posts and answers lost? ... or is it preserved here somewhere?

Is there still a way to merge my old membership (with all the attendant history, links, ect.) with my new one?

Anyways, the (Subject) radome is at s/w version 3.16 ... I cannot find any s/w listings for it on Raymarine's site ...

Moderator - Raymarine, US, please advise on the last / most current s/w version for this radome ... and ... if that happens to be higher than v3.16, how I might go about obtaining it please ...

Also, I am looking to buy an MFD to go with the (Subject) radome ...

Per: http://www.raymarine.com/view/index.cfm?id=309, the compatible Raymarine MFD series are:

a Series Multifunction Displays
c Series Multifunction Displays
e Series Multifunction Displays
NEW eS Series Multifunction Displays
gS Series Multifunction Displays
C Series Widescreen Multifunction Displays
E Series Widescreen Multifunction Displays
G Series Multifunction Navigation

Capability-wise, I want Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI out and more hard controls than not ...

c Series seems OK, except no HDMI out (and the size is limited to 12.1").

e Series seems OK (these I have extensive experience with), except no HDMI out - only VGA out.

NEW eS Series seems like the best option (too bad the size is limited to 12.1")

gS Series offers everything I seek except no hard controls ... experience with e Series has taught me that touch screen functionality can be impacted by a number of factors ... that's why I like hard controls ...

Am I missing anything here?

Thanks,

Kevin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-19, 07:56 AM
RE: [CA11] RD424HD (E92143)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kevin,

Q1. Is that body of posts and answers lost? ... or is it preserved here somewhere?
A1. The original Ning based forum has been taken down permanently. It's valuable knowledge has been recorded within the current

Q2. Is there still a way to merge my old membership (with all the attendant history, links, ect.) with my new one?
A2. Negative

Q3. Anyways, the (Subject) radome is at s/w version 3.16 ... I cannot find any s/w listings for it on Raymarine's site ...
A3. No end user installable software updates have been released for the Digital an HD Digital Radomes. Software changes are only necessary when specific hardware components inside of the radomes are changed as a result of a repair and such changes would then be install by Raymarine's Repair Center.

Q4. Moderator - Raymarine, US, please advise on the last / most current s/w version for this radome ... and ... if that happens to be higher than v3.16, how I might go about obtaining it please ...
A4. See the response to Q3.

Q5. Also, I am looking to buy an MFD to go with the (Subject) radome ...
Per: http://www.raymarine.com/view/index.cfm?id=309, the compatible Raymarine MFD series are:

aSeries Multifunction Displays
c Series Multifunction Displays
e Series Multifunction Displays
NEW eS Series Multifunction Displays
gS Series Multifunction Displays
C Series Widescreen Multifunction Displays
E Series Widescreen Multifunction Displays
G Series Multifunction Navigation

A5. All of the above listed MFDs are compatible with Digital/HD Digital Radomes. However, this is incomplete and also includes Axiom, Axiom Pro, and Axiom XL MFDs.

Q6. Capability-wise, I want Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI out and more hard controls than not ...

c Series seems OK, except no HDMI out (and the size is limited to 12.1").

e Series seems OK (these I have extensive experience with), except no HDMI out - only VGA out.

NEW eS Series seems like the best option (too bad the size is limited to 12.1")

gS Series offers everything I seek except no hard controls ... experience with e Series has taught me that touch screen functionality can be impacted by a number of factors ... that's why I like hard controls ...

Am I missing anything here?
A6. All of the MFDs listed within Q6, as well as a-Series, Axiom, Axiom Pro, and Axiom XL MFDs are designed to support use of Raymarine's RMK-9 and RMK-10 Remote Keyboards for those seeking a keyboard alternative to controlling the MFD or seeking to control a remote MFD. Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs rely upon Miracast technology to wirelessly repeat the MFD's screen image on a TV/Monitor. Axiom XL MFDs also feature a HDMI output port.
03-26-19, 10:17 AM
Hey Chuck ... thank you for the detailed answers to the various questions I had ... just to clarify:

A1. ... OK ... so where / how exactly is that body of posts accessed?

A3. & A4. ... OK ... so what was the last s/w version for the overall radome unit (as reported in Diagnostics > Select Device [at the time, on an e Series MFD at s/w v12.26-00340])?

A5. Thank you for updating me with respect to the Axiom, Axiom Pro, and Axiom XL Series MFDs ... I'll look at them carefully.

A6. Thank you for updating me with respect to Raymarine's RMK-9 and RMK-10 Remote Keyboards, and, the Miracast technology present in each of the Axiom Series MFDs. I'll search those terms on Raymarine's site to see what more I can learn about those features. And, it now looks like I have a 3rd option vis-a-vis HDMI out, the Axiom XL MFDs, in addition to the eS & gS Series MFDs.

Thanks again,

Kevin
03-26-19, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-19 10:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Kevin,

Q1. ... OK ... so where / how exactly is that body of posts accessed?
A1. Use the Forum's Search feature. Adjacent to the keywords field of the Forum's Search web page, you will find a checkbox which, when checked, will limit searches to only returning FAQs including the listed key words.

Q3. & Q4. ... OK ... so what was the last s/w version for the overall radome unit (as reported in Diagnostics > Select Device [at the time, on an e Series MFD at s/w v12.26-00340])?
A3. & A4. Over the years that the RD418HD and RD424HD radomes were produced, there have been running changes to the internal circuitry of these products. Again, no software updates are applicable to the radome. They are produced or repaired to include software to match the radome's internal components. That said, the MFD's software is significantly out of date and should be updated with LightHouse II v19.03 software.
03-27-19, 10:26 AM
Thank you Chuck ... much appreciated.

Kevin Mc
03-27-19, 10:43 AM
You're welcome.