Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Cannot transfer routes from my Navionics Android app to the Axiom
03-28-19, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-19 08:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Cannot transfer routes from my Navionics Android app to the Axiom
I want to transfer routes prepared on my Navionics Android app to my Axiom chartplotter.

I have an 12" Axiom running 3.8.97. My Navionics app has the same subscription area as my Axiom.

When I try to transfer routes prepared on my Navionics app, I connect to the RM Axiom successfully, but the routes saved in my Navionics app do not transfer to my Axiom plotter. I get the message, "Routes not transferred. You must save your data to your plotter card first."

I can successfully update the Navionics card with Freshest Data, but no routes transfer at all.

This is getting very frustrating because I am doing the Great Loop and would like to prepare my routes the night before and transfer them to the chartplotter but so far, no luck.

Please help.

Jeffrey F. Guttenberger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-19, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-19 09:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Cannot transfer routes from my Navionics Android app to the Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeffrey,

Please note that the Navionics Boating app is a third party product. Support for this third party product should be sought via is developer/owner ... Navionics (508-291-6000). This third party product has over the years intermittently supported operation with Raymarine MFDs and third party MFDs. Issues such as inability to reliably synchronize waypoints and routes as well as incomplete updates to nautical charts (in spite of the app notifying completion) were common. When the Navionics Boating app last functioned correctly with Raymarine MFDs running LightHouse II and LightHouse 3 software, the details for its use were documented within the FAQ found here. The most reliable means of waypoint/route transfer between Raymarine MFD's and navigational planning applications has proven to be via memory card, and in this case a memory card which has been populated with a GPX file containing the waypoints and routes to be transferred. Should continued issues with the Boating app persist, then it would be recommended that a computer based navigation planning app which supports saving waypoint/route data to a GPX file be used. At the time of this response, Navionics-UK had recommended Navigation Planner as it not only supports use of Navionics cartography, but also supports Raymarine MFD symbol sets. Others have indicated that they have also exported waypoint/route data from the Navionics Boating app to a .kml file and have then used kml to GPX conversion programs to produce a GPX file from the .kml file.
10-21-19, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-19 07:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi All,

Have updated all of my Axiom Pro and networked equipment, updated my Navionics App on iPad and MacBook Pro, updated iOS/osx. Since then, I can insert my SD card into my MacBook and update all charts etc through Chart Installer and all seems to work fine, the result is update complete, please eject sd card and reinsert into MFD/Chartplotter. When boots, the charts are visible. When I go go connect my iPad and Navionics by wifi, they connect happily and start to sync. I keep getting messages saying that routes and markers cannot be transferred and charts cannot be update, and finally card not found. Have rebooted, updated everything and this used to work fine before. As I am passage planning on my iPad and rely on transfer routes daily to my plotter, it Isi frustrating. Does anyone have the same issue, is it a software issue and ay advice would be fantastic, thanks.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-21-19, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-19 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Riv48,

Please click here to view a thread in which this subject was recently addressed and successfully resolved to be rooted in the settings of the mobile device.