Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Problems. ECI-100 YAMAHA Twin F250
03-29-19, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-19 02:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Problems. ECI-100 YAMAHA Twin F250
Hello,
I have a Twin F250 hooked to the Axiom 9 via ECI-100 and Seatalk NG. All nice and new. Software updated.

I run the engine ID tool form Axiom and it gets done successfully. When looking at the engines, I can only see one at the time. If I start the second engine, all freezes and connection gets lost.

Additionally, Form the engine that I can see, I only see the Temp, RPM´s and oil pressure. The batt voltage, and Trim is not there. But can be seen on my yamaha gauges, so the senders are ok.

Please let me know what you think.
Alex

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-19, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 10:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom Problems. ECI-100 YAMAHA Twin F250
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Alex,

Please note engine systems typically output only alternator voltage, not battery voltage. The latter would typically come from a NMEA 2000 battery monitoring device (ex. Maretron DCM100, etc.). Depending upon the model of engine, the tilt data may or may not be reported. Trim tab data will only be reported if the system feature NMEA 2000 trim tabs and they have been interfaced to the marine electronics backbone.

How old are your engines? Do your engines feature Command Link or Command Link Plus technology? Are the other gauges which you have referenced analog or are they connected individually to spur sockets within one of the Command Link or Command Link Plus hubs? Please attach a diagram of the marine electronics backbone to this thread.

[Image: Yamaha.jpg]
03-29-19, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 09:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the quick response.

2008 F250. I believe I have Command Link. The HUB models are 6Y8-81920-01

Connections are as follows:

Aft HUB:
2 engines and the Fuel flow meter (6Y80-11). Terminator and Bus. Blank on power

Fwr HUB:
2 6Y8T-11 gauges and the cable to the ECI-100. Terminator and Bus. Power cable.

I can see both individually, but as soon I start the other, all freezes.

I have made several tests. as follows:

1- Followed the procedure turning each engine off when requested by the software, and was "Successful" with the bad results explained.

2- Followed the procedure turning each engine, AND disconnecting the battery cable when requested. PORT worked OK, but when I was about to do the Starboard, I realized that disconnecting the PORT batt cable, switched all the gauges off. Therefore the Axiom did not get data from Starboard one.

3.- Repeated previous test, but after removing the PORT batt cable, I connected the power cable for the HUB directly to 12V. The gauges came back on, and the result of the engine ID was "Successful" again. But did not work, same results.

4.- Repeated the test, but instead of removing the batt cable from the engine that was not been look after, I removed the command link cable from the hub, to try to isolate the engine and do not get errors. The procedure was "Successful" again. But did not work, same results.

While doing the last test, the Axiom send me and alert for overheating (normal, not enough water). But the Alarm read: Engine Number 3 overheating. NUMBER 3??

Then I gave up, and started this post.

Thanks

04-01-19, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 10:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
alimon,

Q. But the Alarm read: Engine Number 3 overheating. NUMBER 3??
A. While it is not uncommon for alarms to be triggered during startup as part of a self test, the engine instancing appears to be incorrect. I suspect that one of the engines is transmitting Instance ID 2 instead of 1. This may be verified using a NMEA 2000 analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 w/Actisense NMEA Reader application, Kvaser, etc.). Please respond with the version of software which is installed within the ECI-100.

While I'm not a Yamaha engine technician, the Command Link / Command Link Plus bus which you have described below appears correct:
Aft HUB:
2 engines and the Fuel flow meter (6Y80-11). Terminator and Bus. Blank on power
Fwr HUB:
2 6Y8T-11 gauges and the cable to the ECI-100. Terminator and Bus. Power cable. Note: would recommend contacting Yamaha to verify how the Command Link / Command Link Plus bus should be powered.

Please attach a diagram of the marine electronics backbone to this thread.
04-01-19, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 02:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks again.
I can not find where I can see in the system the ECI-100 software. Please let me know. Yamaha Command link is powered correctly accordly the installation.
Find attached the diagram.

04-01-19, 02:46 PM
alimon,

The diagram looks good ... verify that the autopilot course computer's SeaTalkng Power switch has been configured to the OFF position. Interestingly, the ECI-100 is not listed within the diagnostics supplied. Have you scrolled the diagnostics to determine whether it appears below the Axiom 9 RV?
04-01-19, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 02:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
AP power is off and ECI-100 software is not below the Axiom.
04-01-19, 02:54 PM
alimon,

Please click here to view a related FAQ. Sometimes older products (ex. SPX course computers, ST70 control heads, ST70 MFIDs, etc. will block. Please temporarily disconnect the SPX from the backbone and re-test.
04-01-19, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-19 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Removing the SPX made it work 100%.
Thanks for the great support.
Alex
04-02-19, 08:34 AM
You're welcome.