Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV 150 Info
03-30-19, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 01:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV 150 Info
I am installing a Yamaha t25lwts kicker on a Pursuit 265 w/f350 yamaha engine with hyd.steer, for slow trolling.I know I need a ev 150 to run the f350 w/conecting link.I have a axion 9 only.What else do I need to have all the functions ,dock to dock,hold location,patterns record,wireless remote,throttle,contour follow (debth).I'm running this boat in ST Lawrence river current.The kicker engine puts out 16a is this enough to keep battery up 12v?The main motor will be off. Thank you Jon Welesley Is.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-19, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 02:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] EV 150 Info
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jon,

Q1. What else do I need to have all the functions ,
Q1a. dock to dock,
A1a. The Dock to Dock Autorouting feature requires that one of the system's networked MFD (must be powered ON) have a Navionics chart card within it's memory card reader. Navigation requires that the MFD be able to acquire and maintain an accurate GPS position FIX via its internal GPS receiver or via a networked GPS receiver.

Q1b. hold location,
A1b. Raymarine's MFDs in conjunction with an Evolution autopilot and Yamaha engines do not support a hover / position holding feature

Q1c. patterns
A1c. Patterns are a function of the Evolution autopilots which have been interfaced to a GPS data source which are in turn able to acquire and maintain an accurate GPS position FIX.

Q1d. patterns record,
A1d. not clear what is meant here. The MFD's feature the ability to produce tracks (i.e. breadcrumb trails) and save tracks

Q1e. wireless remote
A1e. A SmartController or S100 Wireless Remote will need to be added to the system. The latter is accomplished by installing a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter as a backbone component within the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will in turn be interfaced to the wireless remote's base station (supplied with the wireless remote).

Q1f. throttle
Q1f. Raymarine MFDs and Evolution autopilots feature no support for throttle or gear controls for Yamaha engines.

Q2f. contour follow (debth).
A25. This feature is not supported by Raymarine autopilots.

Q2. The kicker engine puts out 16a is this enough to keep battery up 12v?The main motor will be off.
A2. Be aware of that the rated output of engines is typically reported for operation at full throttle. Operating at slow speed actually requires greater power consumption by an autopilot (because of the effects of leeway are greater at slower speeds). In short, only experience on the water specified with a similar hull, similar proplusion, and operating the boat in a similar manner will determine how long the system may operate on the vessels' battery. Any such systems should feature at least two isolated batteries (one for the engine and one for the electronics). Should you find that the electronics battery cannot operate the electronics for the desired amount of time, then it would be necessary to install additional/larger batteries onboard. You may also want to consult with a Certified Raymarine Installer in your area for advice on recommended electronics battery capacity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply