Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Networking eS127 to Axiom question
03-22-19, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-19 12:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Networking eS127 to Axiom question
Current setup – (as mentioned in a previous post) eS127 running latest LH3 software with EV-1, Quantum Radar, in hull transducer and a RMK9.

My goal is to add Real Vision to my setup so I want to get an Axiom 7 or 9 with RV and it will be mounted right next to my eS127 on the dash.

Question - When I network the eS127 to the new Axiom and set the Axiom to master - while viewing RV on the eS127 from the Axiom will the Axiom be doing the processing of the images? In other words knowing the eS127 processor is much slower than the Axiom will the RV be as fluid and fast as when viewed on the eS127 as it would be directly on the Axiom?

I ask because my main goal is to have RV and the Axiom 7” unit is much cheaper than the 9” so if the processors in the Axioms are all the same and it is duplicated on the eS127 then I might opt for the smaller 7” Axiom.

Thanks

Jack - MS Gulf Coast
Current Ray Equipment - Axiom 7 RV serving as DM and networked to a eS127 -
Quantum Radar via WiFi to eS127, RMK-9 networked to eS127, EV-1 Sensor Core, RV-100 and B60 transducers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-19, 12:46 PM
RE: [CA11] Networking eS127 to Axiom question
MSjack,

Q1a: When I network the eS127 to the new Axiom and set the Axiom to master - while viewing RV on the eS127 from the Axiom will the Axiom be doing the processing of the images?
A1a: Yes. RV imaging should appear to be quite similar to the Axiom RV MFD with regard to latency.
04-02-19, 10:30 AM
Couple follow-up question regarding eS127 and Axiom network -

I currently have a Navionics Platnium card in my eS127 (with freshest data that will expire in a few days) the Axiom 7 RV I plan to purchase comes with the Navionics+ card with free updates for a year so I plan on taking advantage of that and I assume I only need (or can only have) one Navionics card installed in this small Axioim to eS127 network?

Is there any benefit to having the Navionics card installed in the SD slot on the new Axiom over the eS127?

Jack - MS Gulf Coast
Quantum Radar via WiFi to eS127, RMK-9 networked to eS127, EV-1 Sensor Core, RV-100 and B60 transducers.
04-02-19, 12:56 PM
MSjack,

Q1. the Axiom 7 RV I plan to purchase comes with the Navionics+ card with free updates for a year so I plan on taking advantage of that and I assume I only need (or can only have) one Navionics card installed in this small Axioim to eS127 network?
A1. Correct.

Q2. Is there any benefit to having the Navionics card installed in the SD slot on the new Axiom over the eS127?
A2. Due to the greater processing power of the Axiom MFD, you may see slightly faster chart redraw times (when panning or ranging) if the chart card is within the Axiom MFD's memory card reader.
04-02-19, 01:50 PM
Perfect.. that is what I figured.

Thanks as always for the quick response Chuck.

Might have more questions after I get the two MFDs networked and up and running.

Jack - MS Gulf Coast
04-02-19, 01:52 PM
You're welcome.