Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] COURSE COMPUTER CHANGE
03-25-19, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-19 04:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] COURSE COMPUTER CHANGE
dear raymarine

i have a ST7000 control head and a type 100 course computer, which i need to replace.

is any other course computer interchangeable for the type 100 / 200 / 300 series eg smartpilot S1 / S2 /S3 or others ?

steering is hydraulic ie type 1 hydraulic

electrical system is 12v

many thanks !

chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-19, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-19 04:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] COURSE COMPUTER CHANGE
Chris,

Q. "is any other course computer interchangeable for the type 100 / 200 / 300 series eg smartpilot S1 / S2 /S3 or others ?"
A. The S1/S1G and SPX10 autopilot course computers are are compatible with your Type 1 Hydraulic Pump, ST7000 autopilot control head, fluxgate compass, and rudder reference transducer. Of these autopilot course computers, Raymarine can no longer offer service for S1/S1G autopilot course computers.

If seeking to upgrade to an Evolution autopilot, the following would be recommended (this is essentially an EV150 Power minus the hydraulic pump):
- E22167 p70R Autopilot Control Head
- E70096 EV-1 CCU
- E70430 ACU150
- R70160 Evolution Cable Kit
03-29-19, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 09:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
hi chuck

a million thanks - very helpful and much appreciated !

cheers,

chris
04-01-19, 09:48 AM
You're welcome.
04-03-19, 11:26 AM
Hi,
If I change from a s3g autopilot computer to a current sea talkng type .
do I still need or remove or change the fluxgate compass and rudder reference transducer.
Thanks
04-03-19, 12:36 PM
kimberlite,

Please note that the SPX30 autopilot course computers featured both a SeaTalk communications interface and a SeaTalkng communications interface. While a SPX30 autopilot course computer may be use to replace a S3G autopilot course computer, it will require that the course computer be interfaced to the same type of fluxgate compass that the S3G had been interfaced to (i.e. Raymarine's M81190 Fluxgate Compass). Unlike prior generations of autopilot's Evolution autopilots combine heading sensing and the course steering logic into one device (i.e. the EV-1/EV-2 CCU) and the steering actuator control logic and circuitry into separate device (i.e. the Evolution autopilot's Actuator Control Unit (ACU)).
04-08-19, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-19 08:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
hi chuck

back again n sorry to say, nothing is ever simple...

i have replaced the T100 course computer with an S1, which understand should be compatible.

some things seem ok...it recognises the RRU / fluxgate compass and does most things correctly, but when attempting to get into calibration mode (via long press on Standby button), the only screen that will appear is "DEV 17' " with a 3 digit heading underneath. there is no way to change the deviation setting however the 3 digit heading is easily changed

press display and "COMPASS ADJUST" appears, alternating with "DEV 17' "...nothing else. cannot see anyway to access the calibration menu

do you have any advice please ?

cheers,

chris
04-08-19, 08:45 AM
Chris,

Deviation is not designed be manually configured as is heading. Sensed deviation will typically vary based upon the heading of the vessel. Deviation must be sensed by the autopilot through a succession of circles turned at slow speed by the boat. During this process the autopilot determines the system's deviation table and reports the maximum deviation sensed. The autopilot must be configured into Sea Trial Calibration mode to command heading calibration (creation of deviation table). Details of this procedure are documented within the Calibrating the compass section of Chapter 2.2 Sea Trial Calibration of the S1, S2, S3 SmartPilot Install & Commissioning Guide.