Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Depth issue
04-05-19, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-19 10:41 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Depth issue
Hi
I am hoping you can help me with a tacktick depth problem
The boat has a complete tacktick wind speed depth system. I have a wind and speed reading but no depth. Just the 3 bars.
I have changed the transducer for a new one as the old one was giving intermittent readings but as said I have no reading at all now. The boat is in the water.
I have read a few threads about the hull transmitter. Is it a possibility the batteries need replacing ? Or is it more likely the hull transmitter isdefective ?

If it it the battery then would I need to “re introduce” the hull transmitter into the system on replacement ?

As an alternative route, I have fitted an 7” Axiom mfd. if I fitted a D800 Smart transducer into the seatalk network. Would it give me depth on the MFD.

Hoping you can throw some light onto this for me.

Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-19, 10:45 AM
RE: [DG11] Depth issue
Hi Sailingjeff,

As mentioned in the previous reply to your enquiry, try replacing the batteries, then feeding the 12v connected to the hull transmitter to the red wire of the DST transducer as well and if neither works send the DST800 to the Raymarine service centre.

If you replace the batteries, this will not affect the system credentials and no need to pair the hull transmitter back to the network onboard.

If you fitted a smart DST800 into the STng network, depth will be displayed on the AXIOM, but note that you would also need an i70s to be able to calibrate the Smart DST800, since this cannot be done through the AXIOM.

Thanks
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply