Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Is the Airmar T80 temperature transducer compatible with the ICT5?
04-07-19, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-19 11:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Is the Airmar T80 temperature transducer compatible with the ICT5?
Hello,

Is the Airmar T80 temperature transducer compatible with the ICT5?

http://airmar.com/productdescription.html?id=137

I know the ST69 is but apparently the speed paddle wheel will not work on my boat due to large inboards causing too much disturbance and I do not want to cut a [censored] for a thru-hull speed/temp transducer at this time.

It looks like the T80 has three wires whereas the ST69 has five. I see the five connections on the diagram for the ICT5. If it would be compatible, which three do I wire into and which two would be left blank? Also, how does it get wired into the ICT5? Does there need to be some sort of connector or I just feed the bare wire end in somehow?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-19, 11:57 AM
RE: [CA11] Is the Airmar T80 temperature transducer compatible with the ICT5?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mystery,

Please note that Airmar's T80 is designed for use with Garmin and Mercury products. The T80 transducer has not been tested for use with Raymarine Products. In this case, it would be recommended that Gemeco, Inc. (Airmar’s US distributor (803 693 0777)) be contacted to determine whether this transducer may be used with Raymarine's analog instrument products which are capable of sensing temperature. If so, Gemeco may be able to supply you information concerning which color coded terminals of a Raymarine temperature sensing instrument (or iTC-5) each of the T80's leads should be connected to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply