Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] tracking route created by auto-route
04-12-19, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-19 02:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] tracking route created by auto-route
Hi,

I don't have the exact model of the auto-pilot my boat at the moment, but it is original equipment on a 2005 Searay Sundancer. It was originally connected to a C-series display and currently to an E-series display. I'm considering upgrading to an Axiom MFD which has the auto-routing feature. Can you tell me if my auto-pilot will be able to track a route created by auto-route in the same way that it would be able to track any other route. I only ask because a third party marine electronics manufacturer explicitly states that their auto-guidance routes are not compatible with third party autopilots. This is one of the reasons that I'm leaning towards remaining with a Raymarine MFD, but before making that decision I want to confirm that the Axiom auto-routes will be fully compatible (be able to be tracked) by the existing Raymarine autopilot.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-19, 02:04 PM
RE: [CA11] tracking route created by auto-route
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum taitelh,

Q. Can you tell me if my auto-pilot will be able to track a route created by auto-route in the same way that it would be able to track any other route.
A. The most commonly installed autopilots within Sea Ray boats of this period would have been the S1/S1G/S2/S2G/S3/S3G autopilots. These autopilots may be adapted (via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit) to be interfaced to a NMEA 2000 bacbone to which an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD has been interfaced. This will enable the autopilot to operate in Track mode, whether it is to a waypoint, cursor position, or following a route. Whether the route has been manually generated or has been automatically generated would make no difference with regard to the autopilot's interaction with the MFD in following a route.

As LightHouse 3's Autopilot Controls feature is not supported for use with autopilot designs pre-dating Raymarine's currently offered Evolution autopilots, the currently installed autopilot must be retained to configure the autopilot and to command it into Standby, Auto, and Track modes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply