Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Unit @ Navionics SD card reading
04-13-19, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-19 03:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Unit @ Navionics SD card reading
I upgraded my MFD from the Raymarine A98 to the Raymarine Axiom RV. I installed my previous Navionics micro SD card and placed it in the new micro SD card slot. I can import my previous routes and way points by selecting the micro sd card but on map selection I am unable to select it. It appears that there is another Navionics maps pre installed from factory.

I was able to update the map on the app, connect and sync with the unit but I don’t see the map so I can selected it from the list of maps.

How do I get the unit to recognize the inserted micro SD with the Navionics map.

Thanks.

Eli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-19, 03:25 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Unit @ Navionics SD card reading
Welcome to the Raymarine Eli,

Like the MFDs which were designed run LightHouse II software, MFDs which run LightHouse 3 software do not feature detailed pre-loaded charts. These MFDs feature low detail base charts for Navionics, C-Map, and LightHouse which are not intended for navigation. Similarly, a low detail base chart is provided for the SiriusXM satellite weather feature. All icons (NAVIONICS, C-MAP, and LIGHTHOUSE CHARTS) of the Cartography tab of the Settings dialog (MENU->SETTINGS) may be selected, whether or not a chart card is present within the MFD's memory card reader. When no chart card is present, the base map of the corresponding cartography type will be displayed. However, when a chart card is inserted into the MFD's microSD memory card reader, the MFD's Chart application is active, and the Cartography tab of the Settings dialog (MENU->SETTINGS) is displayed, then the Description field to the right hand side of the icon will be populated with a description of the chart card's contents and its subscription end date (Navionics or C-Map) or cartography production date (LightHouse Charts). Should this information not be observed when your Navionics chart card has been inserted into the MFD's memory card reader, then it would be recommended that the MFD's software be updated with the latest LightHouse 3 software (v3.9.46 at the time of this response) and that a Factory Reset (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->FACTORY RESET) be commanded to correct the reported issue. However, should the problem persist, then it may indicate a problem with the Navionics microSD memory card or with the Navionics cartography stored on the microSD memory card. In such cases, is would be recommended that the Navionics chart card be updated with Navionics Freshest Data updates (requires a Navionics Freshest Data subscription ... updates are accomplished using a computer and the Navionics Chart Installer application available from Navionics) and then tested again with the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply