The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Adding one more autopilot (ACU200) and upgrading my network to STNG
04-15-19, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-19 09:50 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Adding one more autopilot (ACU200) and upgrading my network to STNG
Trying to learn as much as possible about the SeaTalk and SeaTalkNG network before I redesign my network. But I would appreciate if all you experts took a look at my proposed new network design. I also am not sure about where to connect some of the stuff such as power.

Currently the whole network is SeaTalk1 except for a e95 and i70 at the helm connected using a SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNG converter kit. All transducers (speed, depth and wind) are also connected directly to the ST60 displays.

What I want to achieve by upgrading to STNG and adding an ICT-5 is the following
- Upgrade the network to SeaTalkNG for possibility of adding additional devices later such as new AIS, better displays, new plotter etc
- Add redundancy on autopilot for longer passages (If the ACU200 fails I will move the power, linear drive and rudder sensor from the ACU200 to the S2G).

Have some questions as well..
- Where should I best add power to the networks?
- Is it better to have only one SeaTalk1 network or can I use several SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNG converters?
- Can the p70 and ST6001 be connected at the same time?
- For redundancy, is it better to keep the S2G and the ST6001 on an own ”network” with just these devices?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] Adding one more autopilot (ACU200) and upgrading my network to STNG - JonasE - 04-15-19 05:34 AM