Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV1 reversed course
04-15-19, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-19 08:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV1 reversed course
New installation of EV-200 sail linear. EV1 located in a location without any metal or electronics. During compass calibration the course on the MFD (axiom) showed opposite turning. After calibration it shows 172 deviation. However the autopilot seems to perform ok. I did reset the system three times running though setup and calibration again with same results. I double checked installation as it seemed that the EV1 was pointing backwards, but that is not the case. This is my second boat with EV-200 installation and I have used other models on my other boats in the past. I always installed the systems myself without any problems.

Any tips to solve this issue are appreciated.

Thanks,
Dirk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-19, 09:16 AM
RE: [CA11] EV1 reversed course
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dirk,

In all of my years of supporting autopilot systems, I have never heard of a system yielding such a high deviation after performing the steps required to calibrate / detect magnetics (i.e. determine the deviation table for the deviation sensed by the heading sensor). While an autopilot's ability to operate in Auto mode would not be expected to be impacted by an autopilot producing an incorrect heading value, it would be expected that the autopilot would report an issue when one attempts to operate it in Track mode. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing items to check in the area of the EV-1 CCU. Please additionally check the fasteners used to install the EV-1 CCU's mount with a magnet to ensure that the fasteners do not feature ferrous content. Should the problem persist and you have verified that the EV-1 CCU's orientation arrow is point toward the bow of the vessel, then it would be recommended that the EV-1 CCU be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply