Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] EV200 pump size
04-15-19, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-19 01:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] EV200 pump size
I have an ACU-200 autopilot running a sport pilot drive on a 200hp sterndrive with power assist steering.
I've been having problems with the sport drive locking up/being stiff so am replacing my cable steering with hydraulic and want to change the sport drive out for a hydraulic pump.

The hydraulic cylinder for the new steering ram is quite small (I believe about 70cc) so a type 1 pump as specified for use with the ACU-200 would be too large.

My local Raymarine dealer has told me only the type 1 can be used with the ACU-200 and I haven't been able to find any other info on it but I found the below on another thread
(http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=2093)

"NOTE: When used with an ACU-150 or ACU-200, a Type 0.5 pump may be used in hydraulic steering systems equipped with rams having capacities up to 150cc (9 cu. in.). When used with the ACU-100, it is recommended that it not be used in hydraulic steering systems equipped with rams having capacities greater than 110cc (6.7 cu. in.)"

My question is, can the type 0.5 pump (or a pump from another manufacturer) be used with the ACU-200 and if so, are there any modifications/setting changes needed to do so?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-19, 09:30 PM
RE: [TG11] EV200 pump size
Hello Taking Time,

Sorry for the delay replying. You may already have an answer to your question, but in case not:

Yes, you can certainly use a smaller pump with ACU200. There's no lower limit to the pump capacity (current draw) that the ACUs can work with, only an upper limit. You can't use any bigger than a T1 pump with ACU200, but there are no problems using smaller.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply