Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Wind speed as overlay
04-16-19, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-19 08:40 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Wind speed as overlay
3.9 is out with laylines, finally :). But why can we have wind, route ETA as overlays? I'm really missing the top data bar in LH2 with all its data options.If Raymarine what to attract sailing customers you need to understand the importance of environmental information. Maybe, maybe next year LH3 will be in line with LH2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-19, 10:36 AM
RE: [LW11] Wind speed as overlay
Dear gungner,

Thank you for your query.

Lighthouse 3 is coming out with more sailing features with every release. May I ask what MFD you are using?

Currently it is only time 'to go to waypoint' as a data overlay, I am more than happy to submit feature requests to the products managers if you have anything specific.

Many Thanks
Louise
04-18-19, 01:01 AM
Yes please, I’ve a Axiom pro 12. Top of the list is to have TWS/AWS as overlay, second is ETA on end of route. The option to choice between the “wind bubble” or the a wind arrow to the boat position (like LH2). Sailing in the archipelago with many island, the wind bubble looks like an island (is has the same colour as land as well).

I use my plotter to safely get my boat/crew to harbour and enjoy the sailing. All that adds to that list will make my day
04-23-19, 11:27 AM
Dear gungner,

Thank you for your response.

I have submitted this feature request with the product manager, this will be looked at and assessed.

With each Lighthouse 3 release there are more sailing features being reintroduced, Lighthouse 3 Annapolis contained a generous amount sailing features.

Many Thanks
Louise