Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CA] [CA11] Failed Rudder Drive Test
04-22-19, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-19 02:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Failed Rudder Drive Test
I have an Evolution autopilot with an ACU-400 and, I believe, a Type 2 linear drive, which was previously installed on my 44 ft cruising sailboat. Although the unit would engage and take over control of the boat it would not hold a course or allow any deviations in course headings. After updating the software I ran the Dockside Wizard. During setup the Rudder Drive Test came back as Failed. Working with your customer service on the telephone it was suggested I send you pictures of the drive unit for identification and also of the ACU-400 to determine if was wired correctly. Please see the attached photos and thank you for you assistance.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-19, 02:44 PM
RE: [CA11] Failed Rudder Drive Test
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Please note that the hydraulic linear drive shown was not produced by Raymarine. Should you provide some photos which clearly show all information printed on the drive unit's label, then if may be possible to identify the drive unit's make/model and from there, identify its specified. No rudder reference transducer has been interfaced to the ACU. Accordingly, it will not be able to sense rudder angle. The system will support a virtual rudder angle feature. However, the virtual rudder angle feature will only be shown when the autopilot is operating in Auto or Track mode when the vessel is underway and making way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply