Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Evolution Ev-200 unsteady course
04-23-19, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-19 03:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Evolution Ev-200 unsteady course
Hi.
I have installed the T70155 upgrade in my 42-footer. The hardware is now an original (since year 2000) type1 linear drive with rudder sensor, the ACU200, the sensor head and two P70s displays, one at the helm one at the companionway. I have run through the installation process accordin to the manual and done the two 360:s to align the compass.
At the first sea trial, both under power and under sail suddenly the wheel is turned rapidly from starboard to port-starboardd to port in a repeated manner. This happens both when sailing on TWA and on compass course. I ave tried to change from "Cruising" to "Leisure" mode but the fault remains.
Please advice...
//Kind regards,
Niklas Strandberg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-19, 10:42 AM
RE: [DG11] Evolution Ev-200 unsteady course
Hi Niklas,
Thank you for your enquiry.

The sudden repetitive motion of the wheel to and fro can be caused by fexibility in the steering, there are many causes and further information can be found here .

Generally this type of operation can be controlled through rudder damping, once all the other possible causes have been identified and resolved.

Regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply