Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] LH3 Anchor alarm
04-23-19, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-19 03:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] LH3 Anchor alarm
Finally getting back out on the water after a long winter.

One LH3 feature I really appreciate is the Anchor Alarm. I used it religiously last year. When using it I would display a data page in the Dashboard app that included two data fields: The current depth and the distance to the Anchor alarm set point. This was on LH 3.7 or 3.8.

On LH 3.9 I can't find a way to create the data field showing the distance to the Anchor alarm set point. Does that still exist? (Note I did NOT previously need to manually create a waypoint when setting the anchor to do this -- enabling the Anchor alarm set point was sufficient.)

Now it has been a long winter and I may be misremembering the functionality I had last year but I hope not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-19, 02:35 PM
RE: [CA11] LH3 Anchor alarm
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Danderer,

As I hadn't previously recalled the feature which you had referenced I check with our software engineering team whom also was unable to confirm the feature which you had referenced. The only related feature Anchor Alarm related feature present within past versions of LH3 as well as the present version of LH3 was an alter dialog which would be displayed when the vessel strayed outside of the user configured anchor alarm radius. I suppose it would also be additionally possible to place a waypoint at the location of the anchor, command the MFD to navigate to this waypoint, and then configure the Dashboard application to display the Depth data item and the Distance to Waypoint (DTW) or DTW & Bearing to Waypoint (BTW) data items.
04-25-19, 03:45 PM
Fair enough. Thanks.
04-26-19, 08:23 AM
You're welcome.
04-30-19, 11:37 AM
In thinking about this, would you mind submitting it as a feature request? It'd just be adding the ability to display the current distance to the already-known anchor point.

Since my initial request I've researched more and found other systems that support this and it is a nice feature. (And I reassured myself I wasn't imagining the feature, just that LH3 had it.)
04-30-19, 12:08 PM
Dan,

A corresponding feature request has been logged accordingly.