Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] LH3 Nav Mark Symbols
04-23-19, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-19 02:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] LH3 Nav Mark Symbols
Using LH 3.9 on an Axiom with the latest NOAA Vector-East Coast US cartography.

When viewing the chart at a certain zoom level (in this case, when the range marker at the bottom of the screen represents 1 NM) I see graphical representations of the ATONs with no descriptive text. Fine. Zooming in a little (where the range marker represents 2500 ft) adds the descriptive text for some marks but removes the graphic representation. In this case there is no way to know just where the mark is placed.

I know this is explained poorly. I've tried to attach a couple screenshots representing this. (If that doesn't work the images are at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ife1hksp0fc0z...qJzza?dl=0)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=ScreenShot002.png]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=ScreenShot003.png]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=ScreenShot004.png]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=ScreenShot005.png]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-19, 02:45 PM
RE: [CA11] LH3 Nav Mark Symbols
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum danderer,

I have been unable to duplicate this problem when viewing the US NOAA vector cartography of the upper Chesapeake. When examining the cartography tab of the Settings screen (HOME->SET-UP), what date is specified for your US NOAA Vector East Coast charts?
04-23-19, 03:40 PM
I believe it is the latest release -- 03/31/2019. See attached.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-27-19, 02:49 PM
I've posted a video (unlisted) that might better illustrate the issue: https://youtu.be/i3wWlFtnR14
04-29-19, 09:58 AM
Danderer,

After having downloaded the 1-Apr-2019 US East Coast Vector charts, I have been able to duplicate the reported issue in the area of the mouth of the Sasafras River (Betterton, MD, USA). A problem report will be logged accordingly to seek correction of this issue. At this point is it unclear whether the problem is rooted within the LightHouse US NOAA Vector Charts or within the LightHouse 3 software. As an interim workaround, it would be recommended that one of the other compatible types of cartography (ex. LigthHouse US NOAA Raster Charts, Navionics, C-Map) be used in this area.
04-30-19, 11:33 AM
Thanks Chuck.

I had a chance to do some more research yesterday. What is fascinating is that I see no problem if I look at another area a few miles away. But at this particular spot....
04-30-19, 12:06 PM
Dan,

Agreed. The problem appears to be rooted within the LightHouse Charts in that specific location rather than within the LightHouse 3 software. That said, the ability to correct a problem is made immensely easier when the problem can first be duplicated. In this case, your efforts to provide supporting data have aided tremendously in our ability to reproduce the problem.
04-30-19, 12:41 PM
Glad to help (for a change).
04-30-19, 01:14 PM
You're welcome.