Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Software updates using SD cards
04-23-19, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-19 12:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Software updates using SD cards
Hi Chuck,

I almost hang my head in shame by asking this question. I also tried to search the FAQs, but the result would show 0 results. I must not be using the right words.

I have the following.

eS127 with V19.03
EV1 with V2.18
AIS650 with V2.02

It would appear my eS127 no longer able to search or accept updates on-line. I understand the eS software is maxed out at 19.03. But it will also no longer check the other systems I have vie SeaTalk.

So how do I put the update on an SD card? When I went to the Raymarine website, it downloaded a windows disc image burner.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

1988 Camargue Yacht Fisher
Tom and Kay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-19, 02:04 PM
RE: [CA11] Software updates using SD cards
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

Q1. So how do I put the update on an SD card for the EV-1? When I went to the Raymarine website, it downloaded a windows disc image burner.
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. So how do I update the software for the AIS650?
A2. Unlike most MFD accessories, the AIS650's software is not designed to be updated in the manner specified above. Instead, the AIS650 is designed to be updated by using a SD memory card (or microSD memory card within a SD adapter sleeve) which has been populated with the product's.

Updating via SD Card
Note: this will not change any User/Vessel details inside the AIS650, MMSI, Vessel Type.

Applying the Software Requirements:

Type A USB to micro-B USB Cable ... will used to power the AIS650 via a computer's USB port.
SD Memory Card (or microSD memory card within SD adapter sleeve

a) Download the AIS650 software update compressed folder to your computer (will typically be saved within your Downloads folder)

b) Open AIS650 software update compressed folder

c) open the AIS650 sw version2.02 - via SD Card folder

d) copy the 2 files contained therein (42020200.img and bootinfo) to the root level directory of a blank SD card.

e) switch circuit supplying power to the AIS650 OFF

f) unplug the AIS650's power/NMEA 0183 cable

g) Insert the SD card containing the AIS650 software update files into the AIS650's SD card slot.

h) plug the USB cable into the AIS650

i) plug the USB cable into a computer which has been switched ON

j) The LED indicator will rapidly flash green for around 5 seconds and then stop flashing with a solid amber LED. The software update has now been completed.

k) Unplug the USB cable from the computer

L) Unplug the USB cable from the computer

m) Remove the SD card from the AIS650's SD card slot.

n) Plug the AIS650's Power/NMEA 0183 cable into the corresponding socket of the AIS650.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply