Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Element MFD and Evolution autopilot
04-24-19, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-19 03:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Element MFD and Evolution autopilot
I am looking to upgrade my A70D to something from the Element MFD line.

I currently send route information from my A70D to my Evolution Autopilot.

Can the Element line of MFD's send route information to my Raymarine Evolution Autopilot?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-19, 12:32 PM
RE: [CA11] Element MFD and Evolution autopilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mannery,

Thanks for your interest in Raymarine's Element chartplotter/fishfinders. Raymarine's Element chartplotter/fishfinders are designed to run Raymarine's LightHouse Sport operating system. The currently available LightHouse Sport software does not presently support sending navigational data to an autopilot in support of an autopilot's Track function. However, like the operating systems for Raymarine MFDs, software updates for the Element chartplotter/fishfinders are expected to be released throughout the product's production life. With each software update, new features will be added and any required feature corrections will be applied. Raymarine has logged a feature suggestion to consider adding support for transmitting navigational data via the display's NMEA 2000 communications within a future LigthtHouse Sport software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
10-21-19, 09:54 PM
Has this information now changed with the recent software release for the Element line of chartplotters? I have already purchased an EV-100 and I'm now in the market for a MFD to interface with the auto pilot. I thought I was going to be forced to buy the Axiom line, but maybe the Element would now work?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Joe
10-22-19, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-19 08:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joe,

As indicated within the software history table of the LightHouse Sport Software Update web page, LightHouse Sport v3.9.98 added support for interfacing with NMEA2000 compatible autopilots to support tracking to waypoints and and following routes. Unlike systems featuring a MFD which has been interfaced to a compatible autopilot, LightHouse Sport (and therefore Element displays) does not include an Autopilot Controls feature. Accordingly, an autopilot control head must be installed to configure and control an autopilot which has been interfaced to an Element display.
10-27-19, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-19 08:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hey Chuck.. Nevermind about the questions I sent to you a day or so ago on this thread.. I think I have made my mind up and will be purchasing an Axiom 9.. As I understand, the Axiom 9 supports the various APPs, so I should be able to see and control the Axiom 9 by using an Android tablet. This will be very convenient so I don't have to be at the helm to see what's going on. Best I can tell from reading your information, I wouldn't get this functionality if I purchased the Element.. Decision made!

One last question. What benefit(s) if any would I get by connecting the P70s Control Head that came with my EV-100, if I have an Axiom 9? Just a secondary location to control the Auto Pilot if desired?

Thanks again!

Joe - SV Makara!
10-28-19, 08:54 AM
Joe,

Q. One last question. What benefit(s) if any would I get by connecting the P70s Control Head that came with my EV-100, if I have an Axiom 9? Just a secondary location to control the Auto Pilot if desired?
A. As you may have read within threads addressing this subject, it is considered to be a best installation practice to install an autopilot control head at each of the vessel's steering stations. Autopilot control heads offer the quickest access to the autopilot controls ... something to bear in mind when situation arises requiring immediate interaction with the autopilot. Within LightHouse II software, an autopilot control head was additionally required to command the autopilot into wind vane mode. The latest LightHouse 3 software does not have this limitation.
10-29-19, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-19 08:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Good points Chuck.. Thanks much!

Joe
10-30-19, 08:43 AM
You're welcome.