Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Displaying Wind Data on i70s
05-01-19, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-19 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Displaying Wind Data on i70s
I have an Airmar ultrasonic weather sensor tied to my NMEA 2000 network and there is no option in the i70s data screen or the a67 MFD to display any wind speed or direction data. The data is present on the network as I can display in an instrument panel in Coastal Explorer. Why is there no option to display wind speed and direction on the i70s or in the MFD? Software version on the i70s is 3.11 and on the a67 is v19.03.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-19, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-19 10:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Displaying Wind Data on i70s
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tpbradysr,

While it is not possible to calibrate third party wind instruments, it is indeed possible to display wind data from third party wind instruments featuring a NMEA 0183 communications interface (will need to be bridged to SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 via a MFD or third party NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device) or NMEA 2000 communications interface ... I have an Airmar weather station onboard my own boat which is in turn interface to the same set of instruments and MFDs onboard your owne boat. That said, if the Boat Type selected from the i70S's menu is not a sailing vessel, the pre-configured Wind graphical data item will not be displayed within one of the i70S's pre-configured pages. However, you may add a page or customize an existing page to display wind data. Details regarding page customization may be found within Chapter 8.2 Customizing pages of the i70S Installation & Operation Instructions.

Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that you verify that the i70S has been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update (v3.16 at the time of this respone), and if not that its software be updated via the a67 MFD. After doing so, it is recommended a Factory Reset (MENU->SET-UP->FACTORY RESET) of the i70S be commanded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply