Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CF Card Issues with Classic E120
05-12-16, 08:09 AM
CF Card Issues with Classic E120
I have a classic E120 ( 2 actually) and I am trying to move over a bunch of waypoints that are on a Sandisk 256 MB CF card. When I put the card in the reader on my laptop I see the file (ARCHIVE.FSH), HOWEVER WHEN i FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO UPLOAD ON BOTH MY 120'S and get to the point where the window opens up showing the files nothing is being seen by either one. Help. Can I send you the file somehow to verify it is ok? Brad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-16, 09:59 AM
RE: CF Card Issues with Classic E120
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brad,

Please attach your Archive.FSH file to a response to this thread for further analysis.
05-12-16, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-16 10:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Here is the file Chuck. Thx Brad
05-13-16, 10:22 AM
Brad,

Please note that I have successfully imported the waypoints from your ARCHIVE.FSH file into my E-Series Classic MFD running v5.69 software. As such, I suspect the the problem may be resulting from an incompatible CF memory card. Should your MFD's memory card reader be operational (i.e. test it with a Navionics chart card), then the suspicion would be verified. It is strongly recommended that should one not possess a CF memory card which has been previously used to successfully update one's product or archive/transfer waypoint/route/track data with the MFD, that a compatible CF memory card, populated with the software update files for one's E-Series Classic MFD, be ordered from Radar Marine.
05-13-16, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-16 08:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So you are saying it is probably the card is not good or the software is not up to date? How can I find out what version I have on the MFD?
05-16-16, 08:12 AM
Brad,

I am indeed suggesting that if your MFD's memory card reader is operational and the Archive.FSH file has been saved/pasted into the root level directory of the CF memory card, then the CF memory card which you are using may not be compatible with your MFD's memory card reader. Should the MFD's memory card reader be operational, then the compatibility of the CF memory card may be verified by attempting to archive waypoint data store within the MFD's memory to the CF memory card ... should the MFD report that it was successful, then the CF memory card would be deemed to be compatible with the MFD's memory card reader. If not, then see my last response regarding where to obtain a compatible CF memory card.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to determine the version of software which is installed within the MFD's memory. The latest available Raymarine product software updates and associated installation instructions may be found on each product's respective software update web page.