Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E-Series non hybrid button backlight not on
04-30-19, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-19 01:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E-Series non hybrid button backlight not on
I have purchased a used sailboat with an E-Series MFD, auto pilot and wind instruments. (non-hybrid) I am new to using these three instruments and have noted that at night, I must use a flashlight to see the buttons built into them. I located a post dated 1-22-16 by Chuck (moderator) indicating that all instruments since 2000 have backlights but I have tried to determine exactly how to turn them on or off or adjust the brightness on the buttons but cannot figure it out. I think this is newer than 2000. I CAN adjust the brightness of the screen, but not the buttons. Can anybody offer instructions on how to do this, as I can't imagine they are malfunctioning--my guess is this is new operator oversight/error. Photo of box found on boat is included, but the photo does not show the main MFD. Another photo of it is included as well.

Thanks for any assistance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-19, 01:29 PM
RE: [CA11] E-Series non hybrid button backlight not on
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Clyde,

Raymarine products do not feature a separate button to control the backlighting lever of their buttons. Button brightness is tied to display brightness. As the MFD's backlight level is dimmed, the button backlight levels will also be dimmed. Accordingly maximum button brightness will occur when the MFD's backlight level has been configured to full brightness.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply