Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] i70 ETA timer fault
04-30-19, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-19 09:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] i70 ETA timer fault
The ETA timer should go from 23:59 hrs to 00:00 hrs, however, it goes to 24:00, 24:01 ........24:59 then to 00:00. I first noticed this fault on overnight passages when the arrival time would always be about 1 hour earlier than my estimates based on distance and average speed. It took a long time to actually capture the fault condition, but eventually I was able to set up the conditions and witness the ETA timer behavior. However, that was only the first part of the problem. The second part was to see when the timer caught up with this extra hour. Finally I captured it and the catch up occurs at 9:59hrs which progresses to 11:00hrs.
I have attached photo captures of the 23:xx - 24:xx fault
Has anyone else reported this problem?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-19, 10:53 PM
RE: [TG11] i70 ETA timer fault
Hello Chris,

I don't recall any reports of the same problem, but I'm not sure it's a very frequently-used feature.

Are you able to tell me what version of software your i70 is running? You can find this in Menu > Setup > Diagnostics > About Display. The latest is v3.16 which has only just been released, but if your display's software is much older then it would be good to get it updated and confirm whether the same problems still exist in the new software.

If the problem does still happen with recent software, please let me know and I'll confirm and report to Engineering.

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-07-19, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-19 08:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Tom, I updated the instruments with the latest 3.16 software. Unfortunately, I forgot to check what the old version was, but I suspect it was a 2015 or 2016 version. I observed quite a few changes in the new V 3.16, mostly good. I won't be able to check whether the ETA time error has been fixed until my next cruise away - probably June/July this year.
There is one strange error I discovered with the "Sunrise/Sunset" times. The Sunrise time = 125:49 hours and the Sunset time = 17:12 Hours. Sunset is correct, but I have no idea how the Sunrise time could be 125:49??
05-09-19, 11:52 PM
Hi Tom,
Again, I had replied to this with the "Reply", rather than "New Reply". Hope this works.
I upgraded all instruments to v3.16. Sorry, I forgot to note the old version, but it was probably a 2016 or 2017 version. I noticed quite a few differences with v3.16, such as single button press for selecting Wind Steering on the P70. I cannot check whether the ETA timer fault has been addressed until my next long cruise. I found a new, previously unseen problem. The Sunrise/Sunset times displayed for Monday 6th May were Sunset = 17:11 and Sunrise = 125:47 (not a typo! 125:47 hours!!)
Could you please communicate this to the software guys, along with my original problem to see if they knew about it and addressed it.
Thanks,
Chris.
05-13-19, 12:05 AM
Hello Chris,

The Sunrise time issue is a rarely-reported but known one which was reported to Engineering a little while ago. I am guessing it's a fairly simple problem and solution so hopefuly we see a fix in the next release for i70.

I'll look out for your message to confirm what effect the v3.16 software has on the ETA issue.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.