Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] T120 Wind Sensor with Axiom 9
05-01-19, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-19 10:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] T120 Wind Sensor with Axiom 9
Please advise if the latest software and connectivity in the Axiom 9 along with the rebranding of the T120 can now support a direct connection between the T120 and an Axiom 9 - including the calibration and any other required two-way communication?

Is a Microtalk Gateway required/still required?

If I purchase the T120 System with Display, does that eliminate the need for the Microtalk Gateway? (Yes, I have a SeaTalk(ng)(?) backbone connecting my Axiom 9 and Ray 70 VHF.)

Given that the Axiom 9 supports Bluetooth, should that not replace the need for the Microtalk Gateway?

In short, what is the most cost effective way to add a T120 to the top of my mast and see the data down below - given that I already own an Axiom 9 MFD? Just buy the system with the Display? Or, can I get by with just the T120 and my Axiom 9 and/or the addition of a Micronet gateway?

Thank you,
Jason Palmer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-19, 02:18 PM
RE: [CA11] T120 Wind Sensor with Axiom 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum J220284,

Q1. Please advise if the latest software and connectivity in the Axiom 9 along with the rebranding of the T120 can now support a direct connection between the T120 and an Axiom 9 - including the calibration and any other required two-way communication?
A1. Negative on both parts with regard to wireless communications between these products. Bi-directional communications with the TackTick products is supported via the MicroTalk Gateway, but calibration of TackTick instruments continues to require a TackTick display or the TackTick handheld remote.

Q2. Is a Microtalk Gateway required/still required?
A2. Yes. Please see the response to Q1.

Q3. If I purchase the T120 System with Display, does that eliminate the need for the Microtalk Gateway?
A3. Negative

A4. Given that the Axiom 9 supports Bluetooth, should that not replace the need for the Microtalk Gateway?
A4. Negative.

Q5. In short, what is the most cost effective way to add a T120 to the top of my mast and see the data down below - given that I already own an Axiom 9 MFD? Just buy the system with the Display? Or, can I get by with just the T120 and my Axiom 9 and/or the addition of a Micronet gateway?
A5. In addition to the MicroTalk Gateway, you will need either the T101 Wireless Multi Wind System or the T113 Multifunctional wireless remote display along with a T120 Wireless Wind Transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply