Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Lighthouse 3 Units of measure
05-01-19, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-19 02:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Lighthouse 3 Units of measure
I have upgraded my system (eS98 and Axiom Pro 9) to Lighthouse 3.
One of many issues I have is the setting of measurement units. I have selected NM and metric measures, however, many measurements are still reported in Feet, e.g. Arrival Distance, Minimum safe height, minimum safe width, Chart Range in feet if less than 1NM, alarm settings, AIS ship data and more. With Lighthouse 2, I could set metric measurements and ALL measurements were reported in metric - NO measurements were reported in feet. I have searched all menus to see if I have missed something. The only opportunity to set Units of Measurement appears to be via the Dashboard settings menu, section 12.4 of the Lighthouse 3.9 Advanced Operation Instructions 81370-11. Clearly, this is not a global units setting switch since many units are stuck on feet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-19, 11:03 PM
RE: [TG11] Lighthouse 3 Units of measure
Hello Chris,

There are separate unit selections for horizontal and vertical distances. The horizontal is controlled by 'Distance Units', the vertical (e.g. minimum safe height) by the Depth unit selection below this. For horizontal distances the default is NM but what you need is 'NM & m'. On my test system, when I set Distance=NM&m and Depth=m, all of the distances you mention are shown in metres.

If you're still having problems, possibly your unit selections are being over-ridden from outside by another device. Can you confirm what version of software your eS is running: it is definitely 3.9? You can see this in Home > Settings > Getting Started.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-07-19, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-19 08:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Tom, Thanks for the reply. Setting the distances to NM & m fixed the problem. It's not as explicit as simply choosing Metric or Imperial, but maybe there is a reason for the choices they have made.
Regards,
Chris
05-09-19, 11:39 PM
Hi Tom,
Setting the horizontal Units to NM & m fixes the problem - all metric now.
Thank you.
Chris
05-13-19, 12:06 AM
Very good Chris. In the Americas, NM and feet is the preference I believe, so we try to suit everybody where possible.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.