Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ES127 LH2 Touch Screen Alignment Issues
05-01-19, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-19 08:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ES127 LH2 Touch Screen Alignment Issues
My ES 127 touch screen is vastly out of alignment, i have tried using the touch screen alignment wizard but it is that far out that it doesnt even register. The touches are miles away from the clicks, is there a standard calibration/reset it can use?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-19, 08:44 AM
RE: [CA11] ES127 LH2 Touch Screen Alignment Issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sam,

Q. Is there a standard calibration/reset it can use?
A. Negative. Unfortunately based upon the symptoms described, it appears that the MFD's touchscreen has suffered a failure of its touchscreen, necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
05-03-19, 03:31 AM
The screen was working in a limited area (about half the screen), so i decided to re calibrate the screen to get the whole thing working. The screen would not work in the areas i was clicking but eventually i got the screen to calibrate 'succesfully'. It now works in regions it didn't work before but not others that were working before.

Therefore i don't believe there is a problem with the screen hardware, more that it is so far out of calibration that re calibrating wont work.

Is there a hard full factory reset that can be at least attempted.

This has happened since downgrading from LH3 to LH2 since i prefer the older OS. Could this be a factor?

Thanks,
Sam
05-06-19, 10:57 AM
Sam,

While I understand and appreciate the additional steps taken, I must disagree with your belief that the fault is not rooted within the MFDs hardware and continue to recommend that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.