Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Software update without an internet connection
05-02-19, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-19 10:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Software update without an internet connection
My boat is moored at Jolly Harbour Marina in Antigua. My eS series MFD will not connect to the wifi system there. Is there any way I can load the new software update to a thumb drive and carry it to the boat and load it onto the MFD from the thumb drive?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-19, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-19 10:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Software update without an internet connection
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Callisto,

In fact, most customers do not perform their software updates via Wi-Fi. Most customer will download the latest software update compressed folder from the corresponding product's software update web page to their computer, extract all of the compressed folder's contents to a commonly available microSD memory card (4GB >= capacity >= 32GB), and then insert this microSD memory card into the MFD's reader to perform the update. The advantage of using a microSD memory card is that it will typically take less time to update the system's devices, particularly in larger systems. Complete instructions for updating the product's software may also be accessed via the corresponding product's software update web page. It should be noted that the software update compressed folder for MFDs will typically also include the software update files for all products which are designed to be updated by the MFD. In many cases, this eliminates the need to download individual software update compressed folders / files for each product needing a software update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply