Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Waypoints erased
05-02-19, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-19 03:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Waypoints erased
Before I go further, yes, I had a backup and was able to successfully load them back on my unit(s).

I have 2 a-series units (a127 and a128). I was away from the boat for a while.....long story, lots of work done on it and life in general.....

However, when I returned, i powered up the two units and all of my waypoints were gone. Over 2000 of them. The only thing I can think of is that I changed the batteries and they somehow went through a factory reset? I did change chart cards to a newer Navionics card, but that shouldn't matter.

Any ideas? I don't want to be surprised like that again, if possible.

Thanks, Brad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-19, 03:35 PM
RE: [CA11] Waypoints erased
Brad,

This is quite unusual. It may be indicative a surge which occurred during the battery swap out. As indicated within the FAQ found here, such surges can be detrimental to the marine electronics. The problem reported may also be indicative of a fault within the software operating within the MFDs ... it is recommended that these MFDs be operating with LightHouse II v19.03 software. Within a network of MFDs, the waypoint, route, and track data is stored within the system's Data Master MFD. Should the system have been started up and someone have inadvertently designated a repeater MFD as the system's Data Master, then this may have also been the cause of data loss. Less likely, but possible, the problem reported may be indicative of a problem with the data itself. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing addressing waypoint constraints. Finally, should the reported problem seem to occur each time that that the MFD's have been switched off for several hours, then it may indicate a problem with the Data Master MFD's memory.
05-02-19, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep it handy and watch what i do going forward and see if the issue happens again. All of the scenarios you mentioned are a possibility when I consider what all has been done to the boat in the last 4 months.

Thanks
05-02-19, 03:59 PM
You're welcome.