Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 22 Boston Whaler Dual Outboard RV100 placement
05-03-19, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-19 02:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] 22 Boston Whaler Dual Outboard RV100 placement
Hello,

I am looking for some help with placement of my RV 100 transducer on my BW 22'Outrage with twin outboards.

The user manual suggests that the bottom half of the transducer should go below the hull line and with dual outboards in between the two engines on the centre line of the boat.

There is also a section of the manual that sughests placing the transducer in relation to the waterline.

Obviously the deepest part of the hull is between the two outboards, so this will be well below the waterline.

Also, is centred on the bottom of the hull V OK, or should I slightly offset?

Can someone please help to clear this up, I don't want to drill a pile of holes below the waterline if I can avoid it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-19, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-19 02:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] 22 Boston Whaler Dual Outboard RV100 placement
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum drewread,

In a way, installing the transom mounted RealVision transducer is a bit easier on boats having twins. The transducer will not be offset to either side, will be mounted on the centerline and will be mounted such that the molded lateral line of the transducers elements is at the same height as the bottom of the keel. This cause approximately half of the depth of the transducer's elements to be submerged while on plane (see the top drawing below). As shown within the bottom drawing below, it is recommended that the transducer bracket's screws be inserted in the middle position within their respective slots to permit the transducer bracket to be shifted slightly up or down after testing.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2973]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply