Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] File order for upgrade of eS128 to LH3
05-06-19, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-19 02:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sad [CA11] File order for upgrade of eS128 to LH3
In .zip file for upgrade to LH3 there are 2 (3) files. One ..Atom.. and one ..Cartography... Which one to install first? And .txt file says the files should be on different cards. Is this still valid as I see on other threads at forum they could be on the same card. What’s really correct?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-19, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-19 08:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] File order for upgrade of eS128 to LH3
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum,

Q1. In .zip file for upgrade to LH3 there are 2 (3) files. One ..Atom.. and one ..Cartography... Which one to install first?
A1. The ...Atom...iso file is the software update file for LH3 for an eS/gS-Series MFD. Although unspecified, I have always installed this file first. The ...Cartography.iso file is the file responsible for installing the base maps (which alone are insufficient for navigational purposes) and I have always installed this file second.

Q2. And .txt file says the files should be on different cards. Is this still valid as I see on other threads at forum they could be on the same card. What’s really correct?
A2. The files should be copied onto separate microSD memory cards or the contents of the microSD memory card may be erased and then repopulated with the next file to be installed. I have tested installing this software with one of the files moved from the root directory of the microSD memory card to within a folder on the microSD memory card and found that the MFD would cyclically reboot when an update was attempted. Follow the recommendations specified above.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply