Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Software version 17 for MFD
05-14-16, 08:37 AM
Software version 17 for MFD
Received an email from Saltwater Sportsman showing the new features of version 17 for Raymarine MFDs. Says it is available for download, but all I can find is version 16. When will the new version be available?
Find all posts by this user
05-16-16, 10:49 AM
RE: Software version 17 for MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bob,

The release of LightHouse II v17.xx is imminent. Please note that Raymarine policy prohibits its employees from addressing future products, future product features, the features to be included in future product software updates, and the specific schedule for product and software releases with the public. The features to be included within future products and future product software updates are subject to change based upon internal development schedules, feature prioritization, technical, and business needs. It is recommended that customers periodically check Raymarine’s web site for new product and software announcements and/or configure their Raymarine website account profiles to send e-mail regarding such announcements.
05-20-16, 08:17 AM
Bob,

Yesterday, Raymarine released the v17.45 LightHouse II software update.
05-22-16, 08:22 AM
Thanks, I am going to install the update today and am confused as to wether I still have to do a reset when finished? I remember reading somewhere it is not necessary with Lighthouse II. Please confirm. Thanks
05-23-16, 09:51 AM
Do I read the update notes correctly that if i have a c-map chart and a lighthouse chart both in the MFD that on startup it will always display the lighthouse chart and I will have to manually switch to the CMap chart. That's a drag. I use Cmap as my primary chart and keep the lighthouse chart as a second reference if I feel I need it. With this update I will have to pull the lighthouse chart out of the MFD.
05-23-16, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-16 10:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Randy,

It appears that you have indeed incorrectly interpreted the following:
"Automatic Chart Selection
Upon opening chart app instance the app will automatically check for cards in the card reader and open the appropriate chart. If multiple chart cards are installed, the app will open by priority of Lighthouse, then Navionics or CMAP."

In prior LightHouse software releases, the default Chart Selection configuration setting for each Chart application page/pane had been Navionics Nautical Charts. With the introduction of v17.45 software, should no chart selection has been previously configured and all three of the supported chart cards are present within the system, then the default chart shown within each Chart application page/pane will be Lighthouse. Should Navionics and C-Map chart cards be present within the system, then default chart shown within each Chart application page/pane will be Navionics Nautical Charts. Should only a C-Map chart card be present within the system, then default chart shown within each Chart application page/pane will be C-Map Navigational Chart.
Thread Closed