Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Lighthouse2 waypoint Maximum number
05-09-19, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-19 04:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sad [CA11] Lighthouse2 waypoint Maximum number
Dear Raymarine Team,

So far my A-series can't add waypoint any more.
Because when I try to add, will show the error about "memory was not enough".

My total waypoint already 3000.
even I try to split waypoint into two groups (1500+1500), still can't add more...

Please advise how to add waypoints in further.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-19, 04:50 PM
RE: [CA11] Lighthouse2 waypoint Maximum number
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jimmy,

What we have here is essentially a waypoint management issue. The microSD memory card within the MFD's memory card reader can hold a virtually unlimited number of waypoints. However, the MFD can only display and navigate to waypoints within the MFD's internal memory. As indicated within the FAQ found here and within the LightHouse II Release 19 Advanced Operations Guide, the maximum number of waypoints which may be stored within the internal memory of these MFDs is 3000.

To address such large numbers of waypoints, owners will typically create multiple GPX files. These GPX files would typically be named for the geographic area where the boat will be operated on any one day, weekend, etc.. In this way, the waypoints within the MFD's memory may be erased to then make room for importing the waypoints to be used on that day, weekend, week, etc. It seems to may that you may want to consider assigning your waypoints to folders named for geographic area and then export the individual waypoint folders to GPX files which will be stored on your chart card or onto another microSD memory card.
06-12-19, 10:06 PM
Thumbs Up RE: [CA11] Lighthouse2 waypoint Maximum number
Thank you for your reply.
06-13-19, 08:06 AM
RE: [CA11] Lighthouse2 waypoint Maximum number
You're welcome.