Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST60 Depth transducer replacement
05-13-19, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-19 08:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ST60 Depth transducer replacement
I just purchased a used ST60 depth instrument. It is replacing an older ST50 unit. I believe that the current depth transducer is a retractable E26030 model. The ST50 was working fine prior to the replacement. After replacing the ST60 depth instrument, I made sure it was set to the "Master" setting since it is on a connection by itself - not connected to my Seatalk 1. The instrument is reading a constant a 3 " - - - ". My understanding is that this may indicate a bad cable or connection. I have checked both the cable and connection - new connectors were installed on end of cable - and both seem fine. In order to diagnose the problem, I was thinking that I should run the built in test function on the instrument first to make sure there is no internal problem. If that checks out, I may need to replace the transducer. If that is the case, I noticed that the E26030 retractable transducer came with two screw caps - one with a ring (which mine has) and another with no ring. Question: Does it matter which version of the E26030 transducer (ring or no ring) I purchase. I assume they both fit in the same housing. Or is there a way to diagnose whether the current transducer is faulty. Thanks for your guidance and suggestions in helping me diagnose my problem.

Mark Gadson

Mark P. Gadson
Email: mpg24446@gmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-19, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-19 08:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] ST60 Depth transducer replacement
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

With respect to interfacing an Airmar / Raymarine analog instrument depth transducer to an ST60 Depth or Tridata instrument one need simply connect 1/8" female blad connectors to the transducers leads and then match lead's color to the color coded Depth transducer pins on the back side of the instrument. Please note that the instrument will be unable to report depth unless the vessel in in the water and the depth of the water beneath the transducer is at least 3 feet. Please additionally note that the instrument's built in test feature cannot conclusively determine the operational state of the instrument's analog depth sounder circuitry. As far as determining the correct transducer insert for your transducer housing, its is recommended that Gemeco, Inc. (Airmar’s US distributor (803 693 0777)) be contacted as indicated within the FAQ found here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply