Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
05-18-19, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-19 12:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
Chuck,

I'm having some trouble identifying accurate LEN values so I can balance the system.

You mentioned in one of your FAQ posts that the LEN values can be found in the specification portion of the device's owners manual but that is not the case. Perhaps it was at one time, but I've looked at all of the manuals for my devices and there is no listing for the LEN value. Sometimes the manual contains unlabled icons with LEN values in a diagram of a sample system, but I often can't identify the device the icon represents as many of the icons look alike.

Similarly, there is no information in the owners manual on the mA draw for the instrument which would let one calculate the LEN, using one LEN =50mA. What has been most helpful is the out-of-date spreadsheet you attached to the FAQ listing LEN values of some instruments but it omits many of the current selection of devices sold by Raymarine.

Using the spreadsheet and some guesswork, I have listed what I think is the LEN value for the following devices. I would appreciate it if you would take a look at the list and let me know where the stated LEN value is not accurate and, if so, the accurate LEN value. Here's the list:

ITC-5 3
i60 Wind Instrument 4
i50 Depth Instrument 4
i50 Speed Instrument 4
P319 Depth Transducer 1
P120 Speed Transducer 1
E22078 Short Arm Wind 1
i70s Multifunction Display 3
P70s Auto Pilot Control Head 3
ACU-100 Evolution Autopilot 3
Axion 7 MFD 1
EV-1 Sensor Core 1
EV-100 Wheel Autopilot 1
Simrad RS-35 VHF 1

Total LEN value: 31

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . . - Martin35 - 05-18-19 05:21 PM