Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
07-23-19, 10:49 AM
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Martin,

Q1. Does it also need to be connected via the middle spur connection?
A1. Negative. The iTC-5 is designed to be installed as a backbone component, not to a spur within the backbone. The spur socket of the iTC-5 is simply provided to supply a convenient spur socket through which the backbone may be powered or a device may be interfaced to the backbone. If not used, then a SeaTalkng Blanking Plug (black) should be installed within the spur socket.

Q2. To clarify, does the middle spur connection also need to be used to connect the ITC-5 to the backbone when the ITC-5 is already supplying data to the backbone via the left and right backbone connections?
A. Negative.

Q3. Does the i70s (master) need to be positioned next in the sequence after the ITC-5, and before the i50 depth/wind and the i60 wind? Or does it not matter where the i70s is placed in the connection sequence? Is there a preferred sequence for connection of related instruments?
A3. Within a backbone, the devices may be interfaced in any order to any available spur socket.

Q4. Same sequence question for the autopilot components (ACU-100, EV unit, p70s), do they need to be connected in sequence or can their individual connections be located anywhere in the backbone?
A4. See my response to Q3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . . - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-23-19 10:49 AM