Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
07-26-19, 11:35 AM
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
Martin,

Please see my earlier recommendation regarding how to test communications within the backbone via the MFD, i70S, or p70S when the problem is observed as it may indicate where a faulty networking component (backbone cable, termination plug, T-Piece, 5-Way Connector, iTC-5, etc. may exist. Termination plugs may be tested to ensure 120 Ohms of resistance across the CAN_H and CAN_L pins to the Termination Plug. Should communications between the MFD, i70S, or p70S be maintained when the symptom occurs, then it would point to a problem with the iTC-5 as has been suggested. Should it have been purchased within the last 30 days, it would be recommended that a replacement be sought from your dealer.

Unfortunately, the experience which you had expected is in fact that which the overwhelming majority of customers experience when each component has been installed as an individual component to the backbone as you have reported is presently the case within your system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . . - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-26-19 11:35 AM