Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom and Transducer Y Cables
05-17-19, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-19 11:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom and Transducer Y Cables
Can you help me to understand the difference between A80491 and A80492 Y-cables.

My intent is to use both my existing P-79 in hull transducer as well as my new RV-100.

Which would be the appropriate cable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-19, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-19 11:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom and Transducer Y Cables
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum mannery,

The A80491 Y-Cable and A80492 Y-Cable are designed to permit an Axiom RV MFD to be simultaneously interfaced to a RV transducer / RV transducer pair and to a 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder transducer. The A80491 Y-Cable is designed for use with 600W fishfinder transducers which had been designed to be directly mated (i.e. no adapter cable) to the transducer socket of any of the following fishfinding products:
- ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD; where x indicates screen size
- A50D/A57D/A70D MFD
- DSM25 fishfinder sounder module
- DS400X/DS500X/DS600X fishfinder
To view the compatible transducers, click here ... note the product ID listed for each transducer.

The A80492 Y-Cable is designed for use with 600W, 1kW, or 2kW fishfinder transducers which had been designed to be directly mated (i.e. no adapter cable) to the transducer socket of any of the following fishfinding products:
- CP370 fishfinder sounder module
- CP300 fishfinder sounder module
- DSM300 fishfinder sounder module
- DSM30 fishfinder sounder module
- DSM250 fishfinder sounder module
- L1250 fishfinder
- L760 fishfinder
- L755 fishfinder
To view the compatible transducers, click here ... note the product ID listed for each transducer.

The transducer name (ex. B319 B260, B744V, P66, P79, etc.) identifies a family of transducers rather than a single transducer, each of which is designed for a specific manufacturer and fishfinder or instrument product offered by that manufacturer. As such, the transducer's product ID(s) should be used in determining compatibility of the transducer with Raymarine's fishfinding products. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Accordingly, it would be necessary to know your P79 transducer's product ID in order to specify which Y-cable may be required.
05-22-19, 10:12 AM
Thank you for the detailed information.

I purchased and installed an A80491 Y-Cable.

One thing I noted is that when both the RV-100 and P-79 are attached my Axiom no longer shows water temp.

Is this to be expected?
05-22-19, 01:24 PM
mannery,

Raymarine offers Y-Cables permitting an Airmar 600W or 1kW transducer to fishfinder transducer to be simultaneously interfaced to a single Axiom RV MFD or Axiom DV MFD along with a RealVision or DownVision transducer respectively. However, thermistor lead within the currently available Y-Cables are connected to the Airmar transducer and no electrical path is provided to the RealVision transducer's thermistor. This may be an oversight, as the Airmar manufactured P79 is commonly used with these MFDs to support monitoring depth at higher boat speeds and to support 200kHz and 50kHz sonar imaging. This has recently been brought to the attention of Raymarine's product management who will be considering a change to the design of these Y-Cables to provide and electrical path to the RealVision or DownVision transducer's thermistor instead of the Airmar manufactured transducer's thermistor.

In vessels featuring only one Axiom MFD having internal fishfinder sonar, this limitation may be overcome by interfacing a NMEA 2000 Smart temperature transducer or NMEA 2000 Smart speed/temp transducer to the system. For vessels featuring more than one Axiom MFD having internal fishfinder circuitry, it would be recommended that the RealVision or DownVision transducer be interfaced to one MFD and that the Airmar manufactured transducer be interfaced to the second MFD.