Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Wireless update
05-19-19, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-19 10:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Wireless update
I have been updating my two Axiom 9’s since last September at home using my home wifi network. When I reinstall them back into my boats seatalkng network and power them up, will the installed updates automatically update the other peripheral Raymarine devices like my i70s or should I now update everything by downloading the Axiom update to a microsd card and install it through the SD slot on one of the Axioms?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-19, 10:12 AM
RE: [CA11] Wireless update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tamarrow,

Q1. I have been updating my two Axiom 9’s since last September at home using my home wifi network. When I reinstall them back into my boats seatalkng network and power them up, will the installed updates automatically update the other peripheral Raymarine devices like my i70s
A1. Negative.

Q2. Should I now update everything by downloading the Axiom update to a microsd card and install it through the SD slot on one of the Axioms?
A2. Yes. To be more accurate, the Axiom MFD software update compressed folder should be downloaded to your computer and its contents should be extracted into the root level directory of the microSD card. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. When updating devices which have been interfaced to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, the microSD memory card will be inserted within the Data Master MFD's memory card reader.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply